SaskPower has just launched the Power Generation Partner Program (PGPP), which will support our emissions reduction goal, adding 70 MW of renewable and carbon-neutral customer-generated electricity to our province’s power grid over the next two years. And as you know, a growing number of our customers are interested in generating their own power.
- Replaces the former Small Power Producers and Flare Gas Power programs
- Allows customers to sell all the power they generate
- All SaskPower customers are eligible to participate
- Annual program cap of 10 MW per year for renewable technologies and 25 MW per year for carbon-neutral technologies
- Two-year program, with the possibility of an extension into a third year
- Eligible renewable technologies: solar, biomass, biogas, hydro and geothermal
- Projects size: over 100 kW up to and including 1 MW
- Base energy price: $108.22/MWh
- Eligible carbon-neutral technologies: flare gas and waste heat recovery
- Project size: over 100 kW up to (and including) 5 MW
- Base energy price: $70/MWh
- Interconnection costs: based on $43,000 km and $170,000 MW
Application and Evaluation Process:
- Application window: November 15 at 10:00am to November 30, 2018 at 11:59pm
- Applications must be submitted by email within the application window
- Projects will be evaluated on a first-come, first-serve basis
- Priority will be given first to projects in areas with existing capacity and then to those in areas with planned capacity
- Before submitting an application, prospective applicants must arrange and attend a pre-application meeting with SaskPower to discuss project location, size, eligibility and more
For More Information:
- Additional program details, application, etc. are available at www.saskpower.com/future.
- Or Contact Us!